Feb. 24, 2011 No School again!

Good Afternoon!  I thought we would at least have school!  We have ice today and it was slick but it turned out they cancelled after a 2 hour delay.  I wouldn't want the students having accidents.  I didn't get on yesterday because we did have school and that was wonderful but it is so hard to get caught up with them now.  I have finally had a chance to grade everything and record all my grades that I wish I had more time with the students.  Go figure!  There's a few of us at school.
We still have some snow and the rain and sleet with the cooler temperature just made a mess.  I'm making waffles for my husband.  He always gives me a "snookie gram" to remind me that he is running out of them. So I am running back and forth as I write this so I can complete that too.  I know that multi tasking is not a good thing, but I can't help myself.
I was so excited Tues. night because I had a chance to Skype my son-in-law, daughter and grandson.  It was so much fun!  My grandson was playing and he was laughing.  It was the next best thing to being there.  I just wanted to touch him! Can't wait to see him. 
Yesterday was my mom and dad's 65th wedding anniversary and that's makes me happy and sad at the same time.  I am so very glad to still have my parents but it is difficult because my dad is not quite like he used to be.  I talked to both of them on the phone last night. He didn't talk long but seem to know who I was this time and told me to tell my husband hello and actually said his name!  That was cool!  Life is amazing!  God is so good!  I know that He gives us these little bits and pieces each day and if we don't pay attention that we miss them.
Tues. I saw my grandson on the computer and talked with my daughter and son-in-law and Weds. it was my parents.  They seem like ordinary things, but someday I might not have them.  I read something in Our Daily Bread a few days ago that stuck with me:
"God will not forget His children nor will He forsake our care; His compassion is enduring—even when we’re unaware. —Sper     
 "God’s love for us is as expansive as the open arms of Christ on the cross." I don't know who wrote the last sentence, but I believe it.
Well, I better get back to the waffles and finish them.  We have a records and reports day tomorrow, so no students.  This means we only had one day with students this week!  Hope you are doing well. God bless you!

Comments

  1. Tuesday was fun mom and it is a totally new thing for Ian to see and hear family on Skype. We might try it with the Celoni's after awhile. Remember you can also make "facebook" videos with your webcam - of you reading a book to him and showing him the pages - he would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)

Popular posts from this blog

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer