March 11, 2011 Think Spring

There was a time that my husband and I were on a trip and a butterfly ended up on our windshield.  I thought it was dead and watched it for the 2 ½ hour trip.  It never moved and I thought perhaps when we arrived that I ‘d take it off the wiper.  It appeared to be stuck there.  The wind and some rain seemed to bat it back and forth, but it never flew or became dislodged.
Finally, as we arrived and found a parking place, the butterfly flew away!  I was so surprised.  I thought it would never fly again!  I wrote this poem to remember it:

Butterfly, Butterfly
        Where are you going?
You fly so high
        Way up in the sky

Butterfly, Butterfly
        Come down to me
Fly on my arm
        And come see me.

Butterfly, Butterfly
        Your life is so brief,
When you were a worm
        I’m sure you loved to eat a leaf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer