March 17, 2011 Life...

This morning I was reading the slices my students were writing and realized that life isn't so easy for anyone.  There is always something. 
We have something at every stage of life. 
What is on my mind and heart this morning ,however, is the lives of the Japanese. 
How are they coping with this disaster? 
It appears to be one thing after another. 
First the earthquake, then the tsunami, then the nuclear reactors, the first two are from nature, but the last is man-made, but definitely caused by nature. 
We are helpless as to what to do.  We can pray.  That's what I am doing.  God is in control.
Some time ago I wrote a poem and I'll share it:

Life

Life can be complicated
     So frustrating
     So rewarding
Life is fun-- loving
     So cool
     So intense
Life is free
     Grace-given
     So merciful
Life is being with others
     So social
     So intermingled
         Relational!
 Life is with God!

Enjoy your life! Happy Slicing!  Happy St. Patrick's Day! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer