March 28, 2011 Storms of life

Thunder clapped in the distance.  The sky was gray and dark clouds rolled in.  I felt like something was about to happen. A storm was preparing to erupt like a volcano.  Life is like that. In my life, I feel like I have really been blessed, but I have had my moments.
As far back as second grade when I was disciplined  for “talking” and sent to the corner, I felt a storm. There was turmoil inside me. I felt it was not my fault. The boy in front of me would not be quiet and I only told him to be quiet.  However, I was the one in trouble.  I was too shy to tell the teacher, I was not talking.  It is hard for me not to take life so seriously.
As a child, I was very compliant. I did everything, for the most part, that I was asked to do.  That has caused me trouble in my own emotional life, and because I have expectations of others acting like I did.  I’m learning to give others grace and also myself!  Have a great evening…  Happy slicing! J  Only 3 more days in March!  Keep on slicing!!!!

Comments

  1. It always amazes me to think about how compliant you were...then you had me, and I was not. But now you see me as I am and I think you get it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)

Popular posts from this blog

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?