March 7, 2011 Hard to be away from my kids

I had a chance to be with both of my children this past weekend.  It was wonderful!  I know I am older and my kids are grown, but I am still a mom.  I miss my children.  They are adults now with chldren of their own and I wouldn't change that, but I miss seeing them get off the school bus, running to the house to tell me their day.
I miss watching them play sports. Both my daughter and my son were very active in sports and my husband and I spent much time attending and supporting their games. I wouldn't change any of that for the world.  I remember feeling really tired and wondering if I could keep going but it was worth it all.
Then there were all the band contests. My children played in band all four years of high school and to this day love music.  My son plays the trombone and tuba and has had the opportunity to play at church as an adult.  He played the largest tuba, Bertha, in the Purdue Marching Band. He played all four years of college.
Then I just miss having them both home for supper in the evenings.  The hustle and bustle!  Time moves so fast...they are older.
Now I have four grandsons...one soon to be 8 years old, 4 years, 2 years and a 7 month old.  What fun!
Not the same, but so much fun when I do see them!!!  Enjoy your week!  Happy slicing! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?

March 1, 2012 Was I blown in?