My mom, Alice

It's been almost a year since I've written. So much has happened. My mom passed away a month ago and my aunt, my dad's sister a few days ago. How life can change. But still goes on. I still feel blessed. The Lord really works in our lives. Even in death, there is life. I know that my mother is in a better place and that she didn't suffer in the end and that gives me comfort now. At first it was such a shock. I'm sure those of you who have lost loved ones know what I mean. I wasn't ready to give her up and still have my moments, but I just now have decided I have to begin writing or I might not get this down how I feel. She lived life to the fullest. She loved The Lord and shared how she cared about others just in how she cared. A letter and card writer, she was always writing notes and cards to others. It could have been your birthday or for an illness, you would have heard from her. It didn't matter how old you were. Young or old. It didn't matter. I hope that I can show that caring to others. The picture above was taken almost two years ago. She welcomed every great-grandchild with enthusiasm. In fact she received two new ones in the beginning of this year! What a blessing she was to us all! I will miss her dearly! I'm going to stop for today. Happy slicing! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer