My Story

 Sue’s Story, a writing in progress.


I know I was born at Stouder Memorial Hospital in Troy, Ohio. The first house I lived in was on the property of where my parents used to live, Grandma and Grandpa Cassell lived across from Great Grandpa Harley ( my Grandpa Harley Ditmer). The blue barn is where the their house was then and the current house is where their barn was at that time. I was just close enough to Aunt Mabel ( my mother’s only living sister) and Grandpa Harley’s house that I could run down the road to their house anytime I got upset with my mommy. I knew where they lived.


I lived there with mom and dad until I was three years old, then we moved to what we called “Five Points”, one mile just north of Phillipsburg on route 49. We lived back a long quarter mile lane on a large farm that my daddy farmed for our land-lady, Mrs. Lolie Thomas. She lived in town and when we went with daddy to pay rent, she would give us homemade sugar cookies. Yum! 


Two and one half years later, my sister, Brenda, was born. We seemed to get along ok as sisters seem to do. I remember riding bicycles on the wrap around porch and beeping our horns. Of course this was after we were a little older. Guess they were tricycles to start with. A large swing was hung on the front section of the porch. It was a great place to swing our dolls and our puppies. Skippy and Blackie were a few names of our puppies.   2/28/2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 1, 2012 Was I blown in?

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer