March 13, 2011 My first grandson

Ok, I don't want to bore you, but one of those commenting on my last slice mentioned that they wanted to hear about my grandsons. 

The first one is Kaleb. It is appropriate that I talk about Kaleb because he does have a birthday coming soon.  He'll be eight in April.  Since he lives about 8 hours away from me, I don't get a chance to see him that much.

He was born in Atlanta, GA, but doesn't live there anymore.  He currently is in the second grade.  He loves to read. In fact he has advanced so far that he is reading beyond his grade level into levels where it is hard to find material that is appropriate for him to read.  He does like the Nancy Drew Mystery Novels and Junie B. Jones.

Kaleb has liked Thomas the tank engine, Cars- from the "Cars" movie and now is into the Transformers.  I love to watch him talk and tell me the stories of school and life in general.  When he is excited he talks fast, just like his dad.  He likes the Colts.  It is interesting how he developed that decision.  He told me that he looked up the NFL and read the history of it, a second grader?  Anyway, he decided since the Colts won in the “Greatest Game Ever Played” back in Dec. 1958, he would be their fan. Go figure!
 
He loves music and sports.  CD's of Toby Mac and Jeremy Camp set near his CD Player in his room and he listens to them in the evening.  Participating in football and soccer are his great pastimes, but he loves to watch sports, mainly basketball. It amazes me how early they are starting children to play some sports these days.

Kaleb loves water and learned to swim in a local community program.  That should be enough before I keep you captive too long. 

I was so intrigued by the feeling of love when I first held him as a baby.  Knowing that this child is my grandchild.  It is such a thrill. Wish I could see him more.  We see him maybe 3 times a year.  It just isn't enough, but that's the way it is.  That's part of life...  Happy Slicing! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOLC 2012: 6 of 31 March 6, 2012 Sink or Swim?

June 21, 2011 First Day of Summer